Thursday, July 10, 2014

MY EXPERIENCE AT THE MUSEUM OF FINE ART

              MY experience at the museum of fine art today was an awesome experience. When we enter the museum the first person I saw was our teacher. He gave us an handout that had activities listed about the museum and give us 1 hour to finish.I thought one hour was a lot of time to look at the museum. 
We started by going upstairs, the first art piece i saw looked like big chandelier. I go further in and i enter inside a golden room. Reason to called golden room because most of the art made out of gold.it had jewel such as necklaces, crown, ring and hand bracelet from different culture and religion. The one most unique and different from all others was the shell necklace.This natural shell represent the female elements and the gold represent the male ruler.I was so amazed by jewelry design that showed the cultural and religious symbols especially the dragon and sun pattern. Furthermore, I entered in different room that represented different country.Then I walked to the china room that had 3rd century vessel some called taotie. I had never heard of the name before. They all were sealed, inside I saw wooden handle, passport, pendals whistling with dragon design.
Next, I went through another area there I saw bronze figure of the hindu god shiva nataraja from 13 century. I pick that as my first activity about draw shiva art and describe in words. drawing took me 20 min to do. By the time I finished my activity the times was up.  
Then I went to submit my assignment. I asked the teacher to give me more time not for the assignment. But only to see tunnel of lights.  I think that was the coolest thing I have ever seen. After walking though the museum I finally saw a cafe express and I order food. The line to order was not too long but i had to wait almost 45 minutes for my chicken sandwich. Which was very frustrating. but my overall  experience was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment