Saturday, July 26, 2014

My trip to holocaust museum

The museum is at Houston Downtown area. I was late at the museum. It is so hard to believe all the suffering and death that the Jewish people had to experience. Visiting the museum made it believable to me. The visit helped me to understand the Holocaust experience and me made feel many emotions.

 One of the things that shocked me was the video describing the gas chambers. It talked of how people were fooled into thinking they were going to get showered. They quickly stripped off all their clothes and stood under shower faucets that sprayed gas at them killing them all. A vision I will never forget was the pile of shoes that were left of the people killed including so many infants. They had stepped into their chamber of death.

 The video described the crematoriums and the dark cloud of smoke over them. It described the smell of burnt flesh and the horrible loss of your family in such a violent way. The visit to the Holocaust Museum is an experience that will stay with me for a lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment