Thursday, July 17, 2014

My experience during the Discovery Green excursion

Wednesday I was so excited to going for kayaking at the discovery green. First I came to school around
10:30 and our class and teacher talked about kayaking and also we had a discussion about how we get to our destination. We were following our teacher because mostly student don't know the address to get at metro rail.

Finally we arrived at rail metro station at fannin st. We park our cars and purchased a parking ticket for $3.00 and rail ticket for $1.25. I was so exhausted, we are still waiting for few more student to come at that rail metro. 30 minutes of waiting we left from there. What an experience! metro rail stop about 12 station  and every time I notice something unusual. Our final destination is in main street.

 We start walking from the main street to the discovery green. On the way we went inside the meat market and purchase a lunch, that market was really so big and had different traditional food. We arrive at discovery green place I ate my food then we going to try kayaking.

 I was socked by looking young kids riding a kayak so well. I was excited to try too, me and my two others  classmate we went to try kayaking. The person who works there giving us some instruction first take the shoes off, wear a life jacket, how to balance kayak, how to using a paddles.After listening all the instruction finally we are on board. First 5 minutes learning how to using kayak we are calling us expert. We had a lot of  fun by throwing the water on others, and the most we had a racing with others student we have such a good experience.

After all this fun we left from discovery green to catch up rail. We walked again to the rail station, we ride on rail. By the time I was so tired and sleepy, we had 2 more stop to go but suddenly it's start raining. the rain was very hard and doesn't look like to stop. When our rail arrived to fannin st, we start running to the parking area where we parked, by the time we reach to our car we all get wet, and we had a very good rain shower

No comments:

Post a Comment